Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Near Future

Back in May, I thought I'd manage to take the summer off from posting and said I'd be back August 1st. I really really did think I'd stay away. But obviously, I didn't. The result was some posting about new recruits (good stuff); posting about the proposed new arena (ranting stuff); and the occasional filler (junk stuff). It was what it was and is what it is. If nothing else, hopefully some part of it all was at least a distraction. But since it is almost August 1st and therefore the pre-preseason it's time for some regular Seawolf hockey content. Between now and the beginning of school you can expect to read two primary things.

A breakdown of each class similar to what I provided last year: Seniors, Juniors, Sophomores and the Rookies. I'll talk about the strengths of each player and breakdown what contributions each class will need to make in order for the team to have success. I should be able to post these about every 10 days or so beginning sometime next week. By the time those are complete there ought to be some actual news and information coming from the program.

Then I'll provide an early look at the league and what I think will be some of the keys to the 07-08 season. I may try to make it more extensive than last years early season look. It's likely to be a mixed bag though. Last year I got some things right (SCSU, Minnesota, Mankato, UMD); some things wrong (MTU, CC, Wisconsin); and some things I'd classify as neither right or wrong (UND, DU). It's a hard league to predict. Every year at least one team does surprisingly well (MTU) and at least one team fails badly to meet expectations (Wisconsin). How can anyone accurately project who those will be in 07-08? Pretty much only one way ... by making a guess ... and since my guesser works just like anyone else's, I'll be happy to exercise it here.

Other than those two areas the menu here will be the same as it's been. News (when there is some) and analysis/opinion regarding it along with whatever other crap strikes my fancy. Of course regular readers know my fancy gets struck by all sorts of crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment