Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Practice, Practice, Practice

I attended today's practice. There isn't much I can say since it is virtually impossible to identify any particular player. While I was there the focus of the practice was 2-on-1, 3-on-1, 3-on-2 drills and pushups. Pushups? Yep ... bad efforts during the drills were rewarded with pushups by the offender and his linemates. Yesterday evening the TV folks were at practice and in the brief portion of the interview that they aired with Dave Shyiak he mentioned how this years team isn't one of youth but instead one of experience. He intimated that these guys already know the systems and that fewer mistakes ought to be the order of the day.

Besides jonesin to see the guys skate, I went to the practice for some practice of my own. I wanted to get an idea of what I could do with my camera. I've uploaded the pics I took and put them into a Photobucket folder accessible to all. Here it is ...

uaafanblog/UAA Hockey 2008-2009/Practice

Click on the picture above and you'll be taken to the folder. Besides the 50 or so shots I took I also tried out the MPEG feature. Below are the three movies ...






The quality on all this media is variable. I'm just learning so bear with me. I expect as the season progresses that I ought to be able to improve certain aspects. Many of the pictures were taken in what the camera calls "continuous mode". That mode should allow me to catch some good action shots ... I hope. At some point in the next few days I'll add a slideshow feature somewhere on the right column. All of the pictures are downsized from the originals which I have on my home computer. If you desire a full-sized picture that you see during the season just email me and I'll send you the bigger version.

That's the hockey content for today. Now, for some more Sarah Palin bashing ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures and video. Very cool. :)

Congrats to Robinsin, Crowder, Lunden as this seasons captains!

Donald Dunlop said...

I should have made reference to the captains announcement when I made this post. But by the time I got the photobucket stuff squared away and waited for the "video processing" the captaincy thing had completely left my mind.

I HOPE the pictures improve in quality. If I don't "master" it fairly quickly I might end up abandoning the effort. I don't want my enjoyment of the game to be "interrupted" by futzing with camera settings etc yet I really desire the quality to be much higher so I'll have to have enough patience to learn which settings/modes produce the best pictures.

Anonymous said...

Whatever happens with your picture taking endeavors Donald, your effort is appreciated. And yes, congrats to the new captains of this years Seawolves team.
Go Seawolves!!!! !

Post a Comment