Sunday, December 02, 2007

Sunday Potpourri: Short(s) Edition

Let me be clear. That is not Todd Anderson. I know there's rumors that Mr. Anderson is really a girl. But that ain't him. He does however own an identical pair of those prescription sunglasses. It's not even Drunk Hockey Guy's favorite Todd Anderson blow-up doll. And that's all I'm saying about anything remotely related to refereeing.

There's 40 more WCHA points available in this seasons schedule. 40. So far UAA has only gotten 4 of the 16 available to them. Ouch. Definitely an uphill climb the rest of the way. That can't be argued. The team will have to go a bit better than .500 the rest of the way to have a legitimate shot at 5th place. That means winning at least one game every weekend the rest of the way. Is all that looking too far ahead. For us fans? No. For the team? Yes. The squad should be focused on this point at winning a period at a time in the game their playing. The more periods they win the more likely they'll be to reach the goal of home-ice (which is what we're all praying for isn't it?).

Some splits this weekend which over time will tend to keep the points battle closer and could make for a very interesting end to the season. UND and DU split at Magness. Tech got a split at Mariucci but Wisonsin swept the St. Bob's skating angels. MSU-M climbed outta the basement with a 3 point weekend against UAA's next opponent UMD. The good news about only having 4 points is that 6th place is really just a good weekend away (depending on other results of course). The major difference in league games played (some have 12 some have as few as 8) has a pretty fair way to go until it equalizes. For examples sake; MTU is in 4th place with 11 points and has played four more games than UAA. So you can see that the team definitely isn't "out of it". So there's plenty to hope for. We suffered a bad loss. It wasn't as ugly as some bad losses. There were plenty of lessons to learn at least.

Wrapping it all up; I'm very mad at a certain puck. You know who you are. You refused to go into the net that one time and yes ... I called you a "bad puck". I surely did. Well ... you were a very very bad puck and just so you know, I've already talked to your parents about this to ensure it doesn't happen in the future. Don't incur my wrath again you vile little disk of vulcanized rubber. I'll have your ass ground down and turned into a toilet gasket if you act up again. If you don't want to be stopping a bathtub drain or end up as a 7 year old's eraser then straighten up and fly right. I've got my eye on you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought Mr Suze was gonna split a gut with your "bad puck" comment. Oh my, at least we had fun at the arena this weekend, we have got to have one of the greatest groups of fans around us.

John addressing Todd Anderson, and Melanie starting the "yeah" chants after each shout. That was hilarious. (But I think we spurred John on a little bit).

Oh well. Thanks for the laughs Donald.

Jeff said...

Correction: UAA has earned 4 out of 16 points possible. The Northern Light decided not to publish my profile on Lunden until the January 15th edition because they didnt have room for the profile and my weekend article. This week's edition is the last of the semester so that is why the lunden profile isnt coming out for a little while.

Donald Dunlop said...

Thanks Jeff ... dunno how I put 24 down. Please let me know so I can link to it if I don't spot it when it does come out.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Todd Anderson... what is the penalty for a player intentionally body checking an official? My friend and I were discussing this matter as left the game last night and neither of us had a clue. Though we figured it must be pretty stiff for it not to have happened... =o)

Anyhow... here's to hoping for at least a split and 120+ minutes of quality effort at the DECC this coming weekend.

Post a Comment