Monday, November 05, 2007

Monday Mania

I skipped the regular Sunday Potpourri post. So you're getting this instead. A day late and a better title. It's a bye week for UAA but fear not; I'll have some content. I'll try to do a series of early assessments since the team has played 8 games. It might only be one-sixth of the season but what's the harm? I'll look at offense, defense, special-teams and try to give my impressions of each of the players so far. I don't know how I'll format all that or in what order it'll come.

Thanks to the exceptionally excellent and wonderful Glen Coulson at UAA's School of JPC it looks as if I'll finally have access to some highlight video that I can begin posting here. Blogger only allows 10 meg per item and I'll have some tweaking to do in order to get the large files down to that limit but I have every expectation that it will happen. I won't be posting anything that Glen doesn't have clear rights to so for now it may only be home game highlights.

The Seawolves are tops nationally in one statistic. Ties. Nobody else has 3 ties! There's a bunch of schools with 2 but only UAA has 3! UMTC is in last place in the WCHA standings. If they can manage more than 2 points against MSUM this coming weekend they'll leapfrog over UAA for 9th. UAA's next series is against UMTC so that looks like an early battle to climb out of the basement for both teams. UAA will of course have games in hand. Exciting stuff eh? I'm sure that Gopher fans are "all Carly Simon" with anticipation. If UAF knows what's good for UAA they better start winning a couple of games in their conference. Ok ok; I exaggerate. They've only played two CCHA games. Michigan State swept them this past weekend and they go on road to Ann Arbor to try and put up their first W of the season. In case you were in a cave, DU swept the Gophers at Mariucci for the first time in 187 years (or something like that) this past weekend. Tech and Wisconsin split;UND and CC split.

I've mostly ignored (not intentionally mind you) providing any sort of contribution to the College Hockey and Other Stuff Blog for the last couple of months. I know that A. Allen is busy with going to college in (ugh) Michigan and in particular this week he noted how busy he is and declared a hiatus. I'd had an idea rattling around so I did all the proper research, documented the data and came up with some conclusions. I took a look at production from the freshman and sophomore classes in the WCHA over the past 7 years (or was it 6?). Click here to take a look at the results of all that Donald-cogitation. My name's on the joint too (right under A. Allen's), so I should contribute something every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment